Home of 2013/2014 Midget BB team
Regular Season - Game Recaps
Saturday November 30th vs Orillia - W 3-0
Down three players for this Saturday afternoon game saw our odd defence alternate on forward positions. This led to a more conservative game running on two deep but allowed for a double pinch when needed. The B&B Hawks got off to a good start taking to the Orillia end almost immediately. Within 45 seconds, the Golden Hawks were on the board 1-0 when Bianca capitalized on a rebound from Kaitlin that was all started when Brianne pinched on the zone run sending the puck to the front. The game settled down and Orillia started to even up play. At roughly the halfway point in the period, Orillia took to the power play but was unable to break through our short-handed box and anything that did get through was handled easily by Alyssa. The Golden Hawks started well again in the second but Orillia pressed back quickly keeping the period quite even for the first 5 minutes. Soon after, Georgina landed back in the penalty box and once again were able to dispatch the Orillia power play. In the latter third of the period, it was Georgina's turn on the power play as Orillia took a double minor. One minute into the power play, Kaitlin once again served up a shot and rebound that Rachael was able to pull around the goalie and tuck it into the net - Golden Hawks 2-0. The second assist went to Liz. Since the goal occurred in the first two minutes of the double minor, the penalized player remained in the box to serve her last two minutes. 20 seconds later, Orillia landed in the box again giving Georgina the 5 on 3. The ensuing advantage saw Bianca land her second goal of the game as she scooped in another rebound, this time off a shot from Chelsea that was all started by a pass from Liz. The third period saw Georgina start well again but as before, Orillia pushed back to even up play. In the latter half of the game, it was Georgina's turn to visit the box again. Within 90 seconds, we had three girls in the box and the long 5 on 3 proved challenging as it was our defenders that were in the box! We managed to fend off Orillia and in the last minute, caught a breather as they landed in the box to eventually end the game with Georgina on the power play. No change in score in the third period and the Golden Hawks take the win, 3-0. Great game ladies - enjoy your Sunday off!
Sunday November 24th vs Barrie - W 4-1
The Team Commentator was absent for this game. Box score as follows:
- Hawks penalty for Body Checking at 10:11
- Hawks goal at 5:30 - scored by Bianca. Assisted by Jade and Rachael.
- Barrie penalty for Body Checking at 0:18
- Barrie penalty for Tripping at 11:26
- Barrie penalty for Boarding at 1:54
- Hawks goal at 11:32 - scored by Bianca. Unassisted.
- Hawks goal at 11:04 - scored by Kaitlin. Unassisted.
- Hawks goal at 10:50 - scored by Jillian. Assisted by Nicole.
- Hawks penalty for Body Checking at 9:47
- Barrie power play goal at 8:59
- Barrie penalty for Body Checking at 2:28
Saturday November 23rd vs Markham-Stouffville - W 2-1
The story of this night was "Weather". A narrow snow squall band stretching down from Georgian Bay decided to engulf Angus Glen and our travel corridor in blowing snow and near white out conditions. Too late to cancel the game, we trudged along at a snails pace to try to arrive on time. Unfortunately, we were down 6 players to start the game. What was left made up for less than 2 lines. Our Hawks put on a valiant effort hoping to gain the lead and stretch it until the Zamboni intermission at the end of the 2nd. The Hawks started well in the first period, constantly short shifting to keep themselves from dropping. Unable to assume the lead by the end of the first came as a result of the limited bench and the excellent play of the Stars goalie. Still no signs of our storm trekkers, the existing bench began to suffer in the second. The Stars took control early in the second but a giveaway in the neutral zone right to Chelsea led to a clean break and a snap to the top right corner to give the Hawks that much needed breather - 1-0 Hawks. The Stars kept coming and not even a minute later, a high point shot hit Alyssa but somehow shook itself free and dropped into the net to tie the game at 1. With just under 2 minutes, two of our missing players took to the ice for some much needed fresh skaters. Both Rachael and Jade stayed out and only a minute later connected to give the Hawks the lead once again. A smart slot pass from Rachael was backhanded by Jade up under the crossbar - Hawks 2-1. Both teams had some life in the third. The Stars just missed an open corner at the 11 minute mark but after that, the Hawks managed to control their third period plan, even after going short-handed when giving up the game's only penalty. The Hawks squeaked by on this one with a final of 2-1.
All previous game recaps can be found on our Archive page.
Upcoming Team Events
- Regular Tuesday Practice (as of October 8th) from 9:00pm to 10:30pm - GIP Green
- Regular Thursday Dryland from 8:00pm to 9:00pm - Location TBA
- Saturday December 7th 7:30pm - Game vs. Leaside 3816 - Mattamy Athletic Centre (the old MLG!!).
- Sunday December 8th 4:00pm - Game vs. Clearview - GIP
- Saturday December 14th 7:15pm - Game vs. Aurora - Aurora Recreation Complex
- Sunday December 21st 6:00pm - Game vs. Orillia - GIP
- Sunday December 22nd 4:00pm - Game vs. King - GIP
- Sunday December 29th 4:30pm - Game vs. Barrie - East Bayfield Arena (Purple)
- Saturday January 4th 6:00pm - Game vs. King - GIP
- Sunday January 5th 1:30pm - Game vs. North York - Buckingham Downsview Arena
Watch the team calendar closely as new events are being added or changed